Today I’ll talk about finding the correct niche for your healing channeling and psychic business. I’m seeking to help you find a niche that is:
- Tight enough that you are comfortable claiming that you’re an authority within that niche and
- That is serving the people you want to serve.
In our business, I work with a lot of healers channels and psychics and I often see these kinds of practitioners really “playing down” their gifts and talents. Alternatively, I sometimes see them trying to reach too broadly with what kinds of problems they address or what kinds of clients they serve.
In the vast majority of cases, not picking a strong niche and not strongly claiming your talents and gifts is inappropriate, it’s wrong, and it’s going to hurt your business!
So in this article, I’ll discuss finding your niche and why it’s so important. In later articles, I’ll talk about how to find your niche, but for now, I just want to convince you that having a very tight, very specific niche is essential to the success of your business.
So here are three reasons why practitioners don’t define a strong niche or they down-play their talents.
- They’re scared that their friends and family will judge them.
- They want to reach a very wide audience.
- They’re not comfortable claiming themselves as an authority in their space.
Now let’s take each one of these in turn.
1.They’re afraid their friends, friends, and family will judge them.
First of all…if you’re starting a business and you’re committed to its success you need to put this fear behind you. This is especially the case when your business is in a genre that some people don’t believe in or downplay – like channeling, being an energy healer, practicing mediumship, offering psychic readings, or being a tarot reader. These kinds of businesses get a lot of flack. So it makes sense that you might just be worried about being on the receiving end of this kind of dismissal or disbelief.
I’m here to tell you that you need to put that worry behind you. Here is why…
You aren’t marketing to your friends and family.
- There are more than 6 billion people in the world. And you only need a small … (really a minuscule) sliver of those people for your business to be successful.
- If you think that you are going to have a successful business by marketing primarily to your friends and family, you are wrong. You should never market to your friends and family if you can help it.
- Because the opinions of your friends are family are going to just hold you back in your business, especially if you’re already concerned that they will judge you.
So again, divorce your business from the ideas and expectations of your friends and family because they are not the people that you are going to be serving (by and large). Plus, let’s be honest… most of your friends and family, don’t care all that much about your business. At least, not as much as you do.
So just go ahead and de-couple your goals your hopes and dreams for your business from the opinions of your friends and family. I realize that this is easier said than done. however, you need to do this if you want to move forward.
2. They want to reach a broad audience.
So many healers and psychics don’t want to claim a very strong niche and narrow themselves down because they want to reach as many people as possible. This is wrong!
By claiming a strong niche, you can help people identify you as the expert that can help them. Again, there are many, many people in the world, and even a tiny sliver of them can be your core audience and they can make yours a successful business. however, no one can identify you as the solution to their problems, unless you’re willing to claim that you are the solution.
In the world of 2021 and beyond and with the help of the internet you always have a massive audience ready and waiting. They just need clarity enough to understand that you are the solution to their problem. Without that kind of clarity, you’re not going to attract anyone.
When your message is too broad and too vanilla, you don’t speak to anyone and no one can identify that you are the answer to their problem. To illustrate…. a mission statement like “I’m going to help you have greater Ill-being” is inappropriate for a healer – it’s too broad.
By contrast, an appropriate mission statement that reflects a tight niche is – “I’m going to help you overcome migraines.” It’s highly specific and it will help the millions of people who suffer from migraines find you and identify you as able help to them.
3. They’re afraid to be seen as an authority in their space
Sometimes healers and psychics are timid about claiming their gifts and skills is that they don’t feel like they’ve had enough training or they don’t feel confident in their skills. That’s wrong. You can’t do that.
Having a strong niche is essential to ameliorating this fear. When you niche down into something highly specific that other people aren’t necessarily doing, you can securely claim that you are an authority in this very small niche. When I say “an authority”, you don’t have to be an MD or a Ph.D. to be an authority in your niche.
You just need to have enough experience, or to have studied enough, or to have channeled enough, and to focus on that very specific niche that you serve. This way, you can very quickly become the person who knows the most about that specific thing. Ta-Da! You’re an authority.
That’s what having a very small niche will do for you. It will give you confidence. It will allow you to claim your authority in the space.
Remember, if you’re owning a business, a lack of confidence in your skills and abilities will kill you extremely quickly. I see this particularly in a lot of new business owners and then a lot of women and a lot of people who this is their second career. Let’s get over this guys! Do what you have to do to gain confidence in your specific skill set! Confidence is the key!
The Benefits of Choosing a Niche
It’s so essential for business owners to feel confident in claiming a small focused niche. Then go after that niche – get it out there and claim their authority in that space. By doing this, you will:
- Learn quickly if that niche is working or not and if your marketing tactics are working or not. You’ll learn much more quickly than if you just message broadly and hope it lands on the right ears.
- Additionally, you’ll be able to pivot quickly if the niche that you’ve chosen isn’t serving who you expect or if you find out you don’t want to work with that demographic.
- Finally, choosing a niche will allow you to choose what types of people you work with. You get to choose who you do and don’t work with. That that is the benefit of having your own business that’s a benefit of having your niche, your niche will allow you to rule out the types of clients or types of issues that you don’t want to work with.
So for all those reasons and more, start your business with a strong niche, don’t be afraid to claim your authority in that space, and it will help you immensely in measurably to get your message out there and to be speaking to the right people.